Work & Student Visas

Persons going to China to work in China or to study in China are required to obtain the appropriate visa. The work visa (Z Visa) or student (study) visa (X Visa) has specific requirements. To obtain a work or student visa will require that the business, government office, or school that is sponsoring you provides assistance. You will not be able to obtain the visa without their active support.

Initially, a work or student visa is valid for a single entry to China and then only for 30 days. Before that 30 day period expires, you will need to report to the appropriate public security office in China to register and have the visa extended. Once extended, the visa will allow you to enter China.

The location and even the name of the office varies from one Chinese province to another, so you will need to rely on your sponsoring organization to help you find the correct place to report.

Holiday Closings:  

The Houston Chinese Consulate will be closed for the  Chinese New Years Holiday on Thursday, February 15 and Friday February 16. 

We hope that all of our clients experience good fortune and much success during the year of the Dog!